Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How can I fix them?

My teeth aren't screwed up, but their not exactly perfect either. When I smile my front teeth touch the bottom teeth, but on the sides they don't touch the bottom row, instead theres a gap. On top of that I have one tooth on both sides in the gap area that make me look like a vampire.





On the bottom row in front the teeth look almost like baby teeth and they're leaning in towards each other. Basically in a nut shell I hate my teeth and they have given me low self esteem. They are white, although I started smoking when I was 16, now 21, but I use Crest Extra Whitening, whitening gel, and when I drink soda and juice that is not clear I use a straw to prevent it from touching the visible teeth.





To make a long story short, what kind of process would be done to fix them and what would be the ball park cost to get them fixed? I've thought about veneers, but for $1,000 a tooth, I'd rather live with it and buy a new house or car.





Thanks!

How can I fix them?
Orthodontics (braces) is your very best option. Veneers are extremely costly and need to be replaced within 5-10 years (expected) and can't fix over-crowding. Placing veneers on over-crowded teeth is like a death-wish for those teeth and will only contribute to periodontal (gum) problems which could lead to bone loss, and eventual tooth loss. Veneers will not help your bite one little bit either, they are strictly for aesthetics not function


Can't give you a price quote in your area because each area is different. In our area, veneers cost approx. $1000.00-1200.00 per veneer and Ortho is approx $4000.00 with payment arrangements available for the time span you are in braces. Good luck!
Reply:MK answered this beautifully. I would like to add that if you get braces, the attempt will be to put your teeth in the correctly functioning positions. Teeth that are well occluded last longer, so it will be an investment for your lifetime.





The goal of orthodontia is to return the teeth to their intended jobs: molars grind, front teeth slice. Also, teeth that are properly occluded keep each other cleaner, so less decay and fewer gum problems. That is the goal, the added bonus is you get a pretty smile.





I know this may not be the answer you were hoping for, but please consider an orthodontic consultation. Find out your options and see if this proceedure is something you can find the resources for. Good luck!



office supply

No comments:

Post a Comment