Sunday, March 14, 2010

What are they doing to my teeth???

so i have braces and my teeth are perfectly straight i just have a alot of gaps so they are pretty much all closed but these to really wide ones i mean i can fit my tounge in it with extra room and i was really counfused when they told me what they are going to do so i think they said that they are going to pull my vampire teeth down then pull them together they said that is was gonna be like a 40 min app. so i am counfused what they are going to do so can you explain to me what they are doing and how bad it hurts

What are they doing to my teeth???
Your vampire teeth "Canines" are the last ones to come in the front. The gaps are where they will come in. The appointment may be to band you in preparation for those teeth. They won't be 'pulling them down' - they will come down on their own in time. Sometimes, they attach these teeny-tiny chains to the canine to add weight and help them come down..don't know if they still do that method.





If you are age 11 - 13, that is when the canines come in. If you look at your gums above the empty space, it might be whitish from the pressure of the teeth getting ready to erupt from your gums.





The appointment wont hurt. Both my daughters have been through all kinds of orthodontics and the only hurting that went on was hours later after we got home and the bands made their teeth sore - tylenol or motrin will help that.
Reply:I worked as an orthodontic assistant and they may be thinking about putting very small attatchments to the braces on your canines and then you will be wearing rubber bands.


I used to have braces and I had to wear the rubber bands, they hook on the individual brace....and they might be sore the next day...but that should be all.


Let us know how it goes.



my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment