Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Canine teeth before the Front Incisor -Baby?

MY 8 month olds first teeth were the two bottom front Incisor teeth, But now her top teeth instead of the top central Incisors, the Canine (or cuspid) are growing in. They even could possibly be the Lateral Incisors, it is hard to tell, Both sides on the top of her mouth, (she looks like a little Vampire...LOL). I have never seen this before, is this abnormal? Should I be concerned? Has anyone else went through this, Did the Front teeth come in? Should I be concerned?

Canine teeth before the Front Incisor -Baby?
I expect it to be no problem, some children will get some teeth sooner and others later, so I wouldn't worry. You could take her in for a dental exam, but don't think that they would be able to tell you anything more than I have and no x-rays would be taken at this point. The children I see rarely have missing baby teeth and the longer it takes for them to come t the less likely they are to get cavities.


This link will take you to a chart that give you more information - http://www.ada.org/public/topics/tooth_e...


And remember these dates are just a guideline.


Hope that helps!


JAMRDH - a dental hygienist (0f 15 years)



computers

No comments:

Post a Comment