Friday, November 6, 2009

Vampire Teeth!!! [rawr]?

Welp.


I've already asked this question, but only two people answered me. And their answers sucked the big ones. So uh. I'mma ask this question again.





I've gone to a couple websites and found Vampire Fangs that i can get custom made for me as long as I send in a couple things along with a couple other things.





All I want to know is how they seem to stay on your teeth?? I mean is there some kind of glue, or are they just shaped so well that they fit on perfectly or is there something else you do?? What??





And please don't give me some kind of answer like;


"this is dangerous, don't do it"


because i could care less about that, I've obviouslyalready made up my mind.

Vampire Teeth!!! [rawr]?
I am a dentist, and three years ago I made myself some vampire teeth, and they're still doin' fine. no worries. This year I made myself a gold veneer "p-mp" tooth so that's fun too.





OK, here's the thing... do you want fangs just for like Halloween or permanently cuz you're like super Goth and want to "be" more vampire-like? I'll answer both.





The pair I made are acryllic, composite material; it's the same stuff I use to do white bonded fillings on teeth. they cover my canines ("eye-teeth") and extend downwards and also wrap slightly around the back. Due to this extention,( engaging undercuts,) they kind of "snap" on and don't need adhesive. I can smile, drink, but I can't eat - if you make a grinding motion (what we call "excursive movements") it knocks them off. They are just cosmetic and I wear them to parties or put them out the week of halloween to amuse my kids who come in. :)





NOW, when you say, "don't give me 'it's too dangerous' i've made up my mind" you sound like you're shooting for something more permanent. people actually do this all the time...it's on discovery channel along w/ people who want to look like a tiger, etc etc. Hey, my feeling is if it doens't hurt anyone and yo'ure willing to live with it... no worries.





What you want in this case is customized fang CROWNS. To get these permanently, you have to visit a dentist who has kind of a sense of humor (or just wants your money!) The doc will numb you up, grind down your existing canines and and take impressions. probably will put temps on... he'll send the impressions to a lab where the fangs will be made. (they can do this: if they can make me a pimptooth, they cna make vampire fangs!) 2 weeks later or so, they come back and the dentist cements them onto your teeth w/ special adhesive. You want to be careful they don't injure your lower lip AND becareful that you don't push too hard against them when you grind side to side and front to back. this would cause un-natural stress on the crown/fangs and make them more prone to coming unglued.





I would be happy to do this for you if you want to come to New Hampshire! I'd charge probably $2000 for the fangs. I'm not kidding; normal crowns are 900 to 1200 a piece and the dentist is doing that much work and more. I'm not saying it's affordable, but if you honestly want these done permanent and "right" that's what it will be.





Anything you "send away" for you'll have to cement on yourself...this isn't SUPER dangerous (i mean, it's not like your'e trying to do your own root canal!) but it's more ineffective than anything else. Your fangs will be simply cosmetic and you won't be able to eat w/ them in or anything.





I'm fascinated by your quest; please let me know if you have any more questions! good luck!



prada handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment